Enacted on April 1, 2005
Revised on April 1, 2013
President & CEO
Hitachi Power Solutions Co., Ltd.
1. Background of Personal Information Protection Policy of Hitachi Power Solutions Co., Ltd.
Hitachi Power Solutions Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "Hitachi Power Solutions") handles various information, including our technical information and information provided by customers, as a global supplier who can provide total solution. With this in mind, Hitachi Power Solutions has strived to establish and fully enforce an information management system in order to respect the value of the said information.
Hitachi Power Solutions will strive to protect personal information appropriately based on this policy.
2．Hitachi Power Solutions Personal Information Protection Policy
- Establish rules for managing personal information protection and make continual improvements
- Hitachi Power Solutions will make sure that executive staff and workers recognize the importance of personal information protection, and will establish rules for personal information management to appropriately use and protect personal information and ensure that the management system is put in execution. These rules will be maintained and improved continually.
- Collect, use and provide personal information and forbid the use of such information for purposes other than the original intent
- While carefully considering the personal information is entrusted to us in our company activities, Hitachi Power Solutions will handle such information appropriately by establishing a management system for personal information protection for each type of business, and also by following our rules for collecting, using or providing personal information. In addition, Hitachi Power Solutions will not use such information for purposes other than the original intent and will implement appropriate measures for it.
- Implement safety measures and correct problems
- To ensure the correctness and safety of personal information, in accordance with the rules for information security, Hitachi Power Solutions will implement various measures such as managing access to personal information, restricting the means for transporting personal information outside the company and preventing incorrect access from outside the company, and strive to prevent the leakage, loss or destruction of personal information. In addition, when any problems regarding safety measures are found, Hitachi Power Solutions will identify the cause to take corrective measures.
- Follow laws and norms
- Hitachi Power Solutions will follow the Japanese laws, guidelines and other norms for the handling of personal information. Also, Hitachi Power Solutions will conform our rules with personal information management to such laws, guidelines and other norms.
- Respect a person's rights regarding his or her personal information
- When a person makes a request to disclose, correct or delete his or her own personal information, seeks to prevent the use or provision of such information, or gives any complaints or requires consultation, Hitachi Power Solutions will respond with sincerity, respecting the person's rights related to that personal information.
4．Scope of Application
This document, "About Personal Information Protection", establishes the handling of all personal information by Hitachi Power Solutions in the company activities.
5．Activity of Personal Information Protection
- Information provided by person to Hitachi Power Solutions by entering in "Inquiry form" or other forms.
- Information provided by person to Hitachi Power Solutions through any method other than the above.
6．Handling Policy of Personal Information - Collection/Usage Purpose and Provision to Third Party
- In relation to Hitachi Power Solutions' main business activities for engineering, manufacturing installation and maintenance services for equipment and facilities regarding social infrastructure such as power plant, As a member of Hitachi group, Hitachi Power Solutions will collect and use personal information only to achieve each purpose. When Hitachi Power Solutions requires a person to provide his/her personal information, we will clearly state the purpose of the use beforehand to obtain the consent of the person.
- Execution of a contract concluded between Hitachi Power Solutions and a customer.
- Contacts for business negotiations and meetings with a customer.
- Response to various inquiries from a customer.
- Contacts in case of emergency.
- Sending of direct mails and product information, etc. to registered customers.
- Hitachi Power Solutions will not provide personal information to a third party without first obtaining the prior consent from the person, except the circumstances under certain conditions.
- When required to do so for business activities in which Hitachi Power Solutions is co-operating with Hitachi group companies, Hitachi Power Solutions may provide such group companies with personal information such as names, workplace or home addresses, telephone numbers, fax numbers, e-mail addresses, etc.
7．Request to Disclose Personal Information or Raising Complaints
When a person wants to request to disclose, correct, add, delete, stop usage, stop provision to a third party, or notify the purpose of usage of his/her personal information (hereinafter referred to as "disclose and so on") held by Hitachi Power Solutions, or wants to raise complaints, the person is requested to follow the predefined procedures to make such request.
8．Other Important Matters
- Request to person about provision of personal information, acquisition of prior consent, and personal information protection
- Notification on handling of "About Personal Information Protection"
- Notes about usage of cookies and Web beacons on website
9． Contact Information
For inquiries about this document except the request to disclose and so on of personal information and the raising complaints, please contact us in the following way.
Contact by mail
General Affairs Dept.
Hitachi Power Solutions Co.,Ltd.
3-2-2 Saiwai-cho, Hitachi-shi, Ibaraki, 317-0073 Japan